• Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a health related field
• Successful completion of a Master’s degree in a health related field preferred
• Experience in research methodology, epidemiology and critical appraisal preferred
• Familiarity with the ethical conduct of research, especially relating to subject confidentiality
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Previous experience in a research/hospital setting preferred
• Previous experience in data extraction from hospital health records preferred
• Knowledge of basic statistics and familiarity with statistical analysis and use of SPSS software preferred
• Online literature database searching and experience with reference management software
• Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centred care
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC's Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
London Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 4 months.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit a detailed resume to:
Laura Briant, Recruitment Associate